WE ARE HIRING!
We are thrilled to announce that we are hiring for a new Peer Mentor! Have you attended our Live Your Life or Let’s Talk about Sex course? Do you have lived experience of disabilities? Are you a strong communicator? Then why not consider applying?
As a Peer Mentor you will:
1. Attend each session of the course that you are working on (this will either be online or in person, at Thistle Foundation Centre of Wellbeing)
2. Make people feel comfortable, welcome and safe at the courses.
3. Support the Course Facilitators.
This might look like:
- Sharing your relevant experience with the group.
- Helping to make sure that everyone gets a chance to speak.
- Leading small group activities or discussions.
You will also:
- Introduce members to each other and support get2gether’s aims.
- Help to create a safe space where members feel comfortable to take part.
- Share your experience with the group where useful.
- Take part in training and get support to help you do your job well and learn new skills.
- Take part in peer mentor support sessions.
- Work with all your colleagues and members of get2gether in a way that respects difference and individual choices.
Please find below our Easy Read Peer Mentor Job Description and Person Specification.